I first wrote about this way back in CES 2008, its finally seeing daylight and should go on sale next month.
* Seamless curved screen, which eliminates bezel and screen gap issues for increased productivity and decreased frustration (according to Center for Human-Computer Interaction – Shupp et al, presented at Graphics Interface 2006)
* 2880 x 900 double WXGA native resolution
* 200 cd/m² brightness
* 0.02ms Rapid Response
* 10,000:1 contrast ratio
* Wide color gamut with 100% coverage of sRGB and 99.3% coverage of Adobe RGB
* Single link DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 input connectors
* USB 2.0 connectivity for easy use of peripherals
* Front panel controls
* On Screen Display (OSD®) and software-based GUI, which enables advanced display control options
But for $7999, I think I’ll stick to my regular flat monitor thank you.
Well, Palm Pre is just a few days away from launch (next Saturday) and the reviews are popping up all over the net.
So what’s the verdict? It’s a wonderful phone with a lot of room for improvement. Hardware is good (I don’t care if they say it’s a little flimsy, physical keyboard is a humongous plus for me), software is pretty good all-around (even bests the iPhone in a lot of places) but there is definitely room for improvement.
Now we wait for a GSM version.
Read the review [Engadget]
Click on the icon to watch the press conference.