Multitouch Now Enabled on The Nexus One3 Feb 2010 6 Comments
Google just released an update enabling a feature we all know that the device is capable of. Multitouch is now available for Google native apps (browser, gallery and maps).
How to update your Nexus One:
- You can download the the update from here.
- Rename the zip file to update.zip and copy it to the root of your Nexus One SD card (F:\update.zip) and not anywhere else.
- Reboot into bootloader by powering off the device and back on while holding in the trackball. (using Volume up and down keys to navigate and pressing the the power button to select)
- Select “Recovery” from the short menu. (navigate using the above method).
- When the Android with a caution logo pops up, hold down the power button + volume up button.
- Select ‘apply SD Card : update.zip’
- After the update is finished, select reboot from the menu.
With this update it looks like I’m going to change my review slightly (should have it up this week).
The whole process took less than 5 minutes (including the download). and you wont loss any data or programs you already have on your device.