How To Root The Samsung Galaxy SII12 May 2011 14 Comments
Step One – Driver Installation:
- Download and install Samsung Kies. You must do this so that you can get the SGSII drivers on your PC.
- Connect your SGSII to your PC. You will see WIndows installing the drivers.
- Close Samsung Kies.
- Disconnect phone.
Step Two – Setting Up:
- Enter the recently named “Downloading Mode” by holding: Volume Down+Home Button+Power Button.
- Press Volume Up to continue.
- Start Odin3 (best start it as administrator)
- Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Rest Time” are selected on the left.
- Click PDA and select “XWKDD_insecure.tar” in the unzipped Odin3 folder.
- Connect the Your SGSII.
- Press Start.
- After its done you should see “Pass” in green on the left.
- Disconnect your phone.
Step Three – Rooting:
- Make sure that you have “USB debugging” is enabled in Settings> Applications> Development
- Connect The SGSII. PC will reinstall some drivers.
- Run “SuperOneClick” as Administrator also.
- Choose the “Root” option from the top left.
- During the rooting procces, it will ask you if you would like to install “BusyBox”. Click on Yes.
- After installing the files and rooting the device it will ask you if you would like to run a test. Click “No”.
Step Four – Enjoy