Tasker really shows the strength of the Android OS and how its taking advantage of the openness of the platform. With this program you can automate almost any task on your phone.
Some examples of some profiles I have created for the App:
- Make your music automatically play when you plug your headset.
- Turns off the ringer and switch the phone to vibrate only as soon as I’m at work.
- Switch on WiFi and turns ringer volume on to half way when I’m at home.
- Turns on “Airplane mode” at midnight so I won’t get any notifications and turns the phone back on with my alarm.
- When the remaining battery life is less than %15, the brightness is switched down to minimum, radios are switched to 2G and GPS is turned off to conserve battery life.
These are just a few examples of what I’m doing with the phone.