Yet Another PC Assembly22 Nov 2011 5 Comments
It has been more than 2 years since I last put together my own PC build. WIth the amount of gaming that I’m doing on the PC I thought I should upgrade to enjoy the games even more.
I initially wanted to upgrade my existing PC but the CPU upgrade path was out of the question. So I had to buy a new motherboard to accommodate the new processor. I should tryout an SSD as my boot/OS disk for better performance. And of course a new graphic card. I also wanted a new case with USB 3.0 support and more room inside and better cooling solutions. Wanted also to replace my Razer Mamba mouse, its a great mouse but after playing for a few hours non-stop and the battery runs out, you get screwed. So I decided to get the Cyborg R.A.T. 9 wireless mouse that come with 2 batteries. After looking at all of that I was only short of RAM and a power supply and I would have a fully functioning PC. I got 16GB of RAM bundle for almost $100. but decided to stay with my power supply and get a new less powerful one for my old build.
- Intel CPU core i7 2700K 3.5Ghz (Link)
- Asus Republic of Gamers Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard (Link)
- EVGA GTX 570 superclocked GPU (Link)
- 4x4GB (16GB) GSkill 1600 RAM (Link)
- Samsung 830 series SSD 128GB (Link)
- Cyborg R.A.T 9 wireless mouse (Link)
- Thermaltake Chasar MK-I case (bought from Kuwait for KD85) (Link)
Now I just have to have time to put it all together.