Rooted SGSII. Follow Instructions [here]
Following the above video should give you full Arabic support on your SGSII. I followed the previous method by the same user and it worked just fine but it needed a few tweaks. He summarized it in a single video.
All credit goes to Abdulrahman Al-Enzi of XQ55.net for the great work.
To stay up to date, follow this XDA developers thread. All credit goes to Madmack for his effortless work
Latest Arabic support post can be found here
Step One – Driver Installation:
- Download and install Samsung Kies. You must do this so that you can get the SGSII drivers on your PC.
- Connect your SGSII to your PC. You will see WIndows installing the drivers.
- Close Samsung Kies.
- Disconnect phone.
Step Two – Setting Up:
- Enter the recently named “Downloading Mode” by holding: Volume Down+Home Button+Power Button.
- Press Volume Up to continue.
- Start Odin3 (best start it as administrator)
- Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Rest Time” are selected on the left.
- Click PDA and select “XWKDD_insecure.tar” in the unzipped Odin3 folder.
- Connect the Your SGSII.
- Press Start.
- After its done you should see “Pass” in green on the left.
- Disconnect your phone.
Step Three – Rooting:
- Make sure that you have “USB debugging” is enabled in Settings> Applications> Development
- Connect The SGSII. PC will reinstall some drivers.
- Run “SuperOneClick” as Administrator also.
- Choose the “Root” option from the top left.
- During the rooting procces, it will ask you if you would like to install “BusyBox”. Click on Yes.
- After installing the files and rooting the device it will ask you if you would like to run a test. Click “No”.
Step Four – Enjoy
This is a great idea if you have more than one kind of snack open at the same time. It should make your like a little bit easier. Too bad it doesn’t make movies more enjoyable.
Click on image to enlarge.
With winter gone now in Kuwait – If you call what we had winter- and if you are one of the poor souls who bought winter clothes but never got around to wearing them. You now can use your hoodie as a laptop sleeve.
Well you learn something new everyday. After how to peel a banana video, here comes the best way to seed a pomegranate.
Reports started spreading this weekend that iPhone users in Australia had been falling victim to “ikee,” a worm that replaces default wallpaper with a picture of Rick Astley, the British pop singer… CNET
According to the article it will only infect jailbroken phones, but you must admit Rick Astley is classic prankster material! Everyone loves Rick Astley including Sirmixalot. Check him out here.
After finally giving up my iPhone 3G (which i was enjoying apart from some trivial stuff), i got my hands on the HTC Hero. This will not be an indepth review of both, but a basic and quick comparison as N. will post his full review of the HTC Hero soon. I will forego all the basic specs such as Wi-Fi, Quadband, bluetooth, etc. cuz every smart phone should have that. Continue Reading
Macrumors live coverage of the macworld expo earlier today got hacked, and there were some funny posts.
Click image to enlarge or HERE for complete thread