The long awaited Apple tablet device AKA the iPad will be on store shelves today. will you be among the first to order one (even though Apple are cancelling all order heading to forwarding companies) or will you be waiting for a proper review, a hands-on or even looking for an alternative – HP Slate for example.
I really looking forward to HP’s Slate ever since Steve Ballmer announced it back at CES (before Apple announced the iPad) but it went dark after that with only the word “to be released later this year”. Well, the words still haven’t changed but Adobe (not HP) released a video showing the devices capabilities, i.e RUNNING FLASH – take that iPad.
It shows the devise running a number of flash-based stuff (websites, videos and games) and it looks like its running very smoothly. The device itself isn’t bad looking either.
Come on HP, stop touting us and give us a damn release date will ya?
Yesterday we passed by Info Connect at the International Fair Ground to see what’s new. We weren’t expecting much from there except for some new DSL prices but we still had to wonder around checking stuff out before ManU/Arsenal – Egypt/Ghana games.
To our amazement we found a cleaning solution in an Tech/IT expo.
we ended up buying 3 of this AMAZING Kleaner :/
Also when walking around we noticed an unreleased Android mobile device on display in a protected glass case.
Yes it is the SonyEricsson’s upcoming X10. it will be the company’s first android device that should be available as early as next month.
Zidaneoo was also looking for a new laptop. So, we had a quick look around and saw an i7 and an i5 HP laptops that had a very good price. cant remember the exact pricing and specs. but I should have the up soon.
We took our time there wich made us miss both game’s kick-off. and when we got to Showtime’s booth i saw this.
Of course they were watching the Egypt game.
And when it was time to leave, it was raining and we were greeted with a lightnings show.
So, not much to say about the Expo. With the exception of semi-good ADSL prices.
BGR has an insider that confirms that the new iPhone OS (iPhone OS 4.0) will have multitasking capability (among other tweaks).
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
If that’s true, this takes the iphone to a whole new level. One of my main complaints was multitasking, so this will make me fall in love with the iphone again.
Now we just hope that there will be some hardware upgrades.
I know I just got my Nexus One, but WMC is next month and the rumor mill is going crazy. It looks like Microsoft’s upcoming Windows Mobile 7 might be the long awaited Zune Phone AKA Project Pink. Steve Ballmer (CEO of Microsoft) did confirm in an interview last month that the new Windows Mobile 7 will have integrated Zune functionality, but didn’t give any further details.
What’s exiting about this is not only the software, but also the hardware.The rumored device (LG Apollo) Specs are just insane:
- Launching: August/September 2010
- CPU: Qualcomm QSD8650; 1.3GHz
- CDMA + GSM (aka a World Phone)
- EvDO + HSDPA
- Device Size: 115 x 57.5 x 11.2 mm
- Memory (RAM/ROM): 1GB/1GB
- External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)
- Screen Size/Type: 3.8-inch capacitive AMOLED “Multitouch Supported”
- Screen Resolution: WXGA 1280 x 720 px
- Camera: 10-megapixel with flash and autofocus; HD 720p video@ 30fps
- Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4
- Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3
- Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
- Talk Time: Up to 7.5 hours
- Standby Time: 288 hours
- Internet Use: 4.5 hours (3G), 6.5 hours (WiFi)
- Video Playback: 10 hours
- Audio Playback: 30 hours
I guess we will have to wait till next month to find out.
Image above is concept art by Adam Huffman.
More info here
The gsm version of the MiFi got released last summer, and when i got back from the states I went to hawaly to see if I can find it. I did it was on sale for 85KD back then, I decided to wait for a subsidized version that would be cheaper.
Zain released their branded MiFi a while back, and I thought it would be a good deal until I contacted them and asked for the price. They sell it for KD85 without any subscription and no ties, and you can get it for KD30 if you sign a 1 year deal with the KD27 package.
After hearing that I went directly to hawaly to check the latest prices, I entered Qayrawan Complex and went to Cameo, asked for the price and they where selling it for KD70. I ended up getting it for KD68 without too much of a hassle.
It’s basically the same device except for the branding. The Zain rep I talked to told me that the device won’t work with the KD13.5 or any other subscription, which is a deal breaker for me, since I would only use it for work, and I only have edge coverage there.
So bottom line is, if you are already with Zain and have the KD27 subscription the getting the device for KD30 is a good deal. But if you aren’t in that category, then you are better of getting the unbranded from hawaly.
Zain MiFi pic from Somecontrast’s review of the device.
The iHome is a 2 speakers that has a cool storage mechanism, and and they are a bit smaller than the X-mini II (see picture above). And because its 2 speakers you get stereo sound.
With the Carbon Fiber fad still coming on strong, and the iPhone fad even stronger, you can find this carbon fiber iPhone case at geeky-gadgets.com.
Buy it from here.
If you want to feel the ultimate carbon fiber wrapped around your body all day at the office, you have the Authentic Ferrari F360 Challenge Carbon FIber Office Chair.
If you have $8,000 dollars you dont know what to spend on, buy it from here.
Want to use your iPhone/iPod touch to control your TV, stereo, cable box, DVD, etc..?
Download the free app from the iTunes App Store and buy this hardware from here.
Want Android 2.1? Even weirder Carbon Fiber stuff? More than an iPhone case? Want to drive real fast but safe? Then read below. Continue Reading
With Transformer fever at a pitch high, i leave you with some actual and some may be not real life transformers.
For more including iPOD docks, more cars, USB’s and more phones continue reading after the break. Continue Reading